Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.chesterstudentrentals.co.uk.
We hold and process information
This notice sets out how we hold and process information we hold about you. We process personal
Information about our tenants and possible new tenants so we can provide residential accommodation: This includes:
- Dealing with lettings;
- Dealing with applications for tenancies;
- Checking suitability for tenancies (including credit, immigration and similar checks);
- Managing property;
- Collecting rent;
- Maintaining our accounts and records;
- Dealing with tenancy deposits.
Relevant information may include personal details, employment and education details and financial details.
By law, we have to carry out immigration checks on new tenants and residents. We have to keep copies of the documents we inspect as part of these checks. We may keep these copies on computer.
Sharing information with others
We may need to share personal information we process with others. If we do have to do this, we will keep to data-protection legislation.
Depending on the circumstances, we may share information with:
- Other landlords;
- Educational institutions, universities and colleges;
- Suppliers (including gas, electricity and water companies) and service providers;
- Financial organisations (including banks);
- Credit- and tenant-reference agencies;
- Tenancy deposit schemes;
- debt-collection and tracing agencies;
- public and government bodies (including those who deal with benefits and council tax);
- contractors and repairers;
- letting and managing agents; and
- any future owner of the property.
This does not mean that we necessarily share this information with all of the above but we may do so if we need to.
Council Tax and Utilities and services
To make sure that council tax and utility and service bills (including water charges) are correctly collected, we share information with the relevant local authority and utility or service providers. We also share this information to make sure that bills are sent to the correct person and charges and debts can be collected. By law, in certain geographic areas we have to pass information about who lives at the property to water companies. In all other areas, although this is voluntary, we may pass this information to water companies.
Why we use your personal information
We may use the personal information you give us in a number of ways, for example to decide whether to let the property to you; to prevent fraud, for accounting and auditing purposes, for managing property or for debt collection.
Right to gather information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you. We may make a small charge for this service. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information if this is not accurate. To ask for this information please write to us or email us.
Chester Student Rentals 81 Garden Lane, Chester. CH1 4EW. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org mobile: 07789225995 / 07811792872