Who are Chester Student Rentals?

Chester Student Rentals is a local, family run business with over twenty years’ experience in the student rental market.

Back to Index

What is important to us?

We are committed to maintaining our properties to the highest standard and our hands-on approach ensures that we can respond to tenants requirements with the utmost efficiency.

Happy students are important to us.

Back to Index

Are Chester Student Rentals accredited Landlords?

Yes, we are  Accredited Landlords with Cheshire West and Chester Council, private sector housing

Back to Index

Does the house have insurance?

We provide insurance cover for the buildings. It is your responsibility to insure your own personal belongings in the property.

Back to Index

Do I need to pay a deposit?

If a deposit is required it will be lodged with a government run scheme of the Landlords choosing.

Back to Index

How do I pay my rent?

Rent is paid as per payment schedule in your Assured Short Hold Tenancy Agreement by bank transfer.

These payments are made by yourself as we like to make sure you have funds in your account to pay your rent.

These are made up of 4 payments, September, October, January and April. The term payments coincide with your loan payments.

If you ever have an issue paying your rent please get in touch with us for a chat.

Back to Index

Do I have to pay rent in the holidays?

You are contracted to pay rent for 48/52 weeks as per your tenancy agreement. This entitles you to stay in the property throughout this period.

Back to Index

What happens if I have problems paying my rent?

If you have difficulty paying your rent please call all us straight away to discuss the matter. We understand that life can throw up
small problems. Give us a call or pop into the office ( 81 Garden Lane Chester CH1 4EW, situated in the Garden Lane Quarter) and we will try and find a solution that suits both parties.

Back to Index

How do we pay our utility bills?

All our rents are all inclusive of all utilities. A fair usage policy is in place.

This includes Gas, Electric, Water, Tv Licence in the communal lounge and Broadband.

Back to Index

Am I liable to pay council tax?

All students are exempt from paying Council Tax if you are on a full time University Course. You will receive the exemption certificate when you register at University at the beginning of each academic year.

If you are unable to obtain a Council Tax Exemption Certificate you may become liable to pay the Council Tax on the property  during the period of your tenancy.

Back to Index

Am I able to terminate my contract early?

Once you and your guarantors have signed your tenancy agreement and dead of guarantee this is a legally binding agreement between you and Chester Student Rentals.

Should the tenant’s circumstances change at any time, prior to the commencement of the tenancy or during the tenancy and no longer wish to occupy the rented accommodation, as a gesture of goodwill the landlord will agree to a request from the tenant for a transfer of tenancy to a suitable prospective student tenant who is willing and able to take over the remaining term of your tenancy agreement and meets the landlords requirements. However the tenant and his guarantor will remain contactually liable for the payment of the rent until the transfer has been successfully completed. In the event of no suitable applicant being found the tenant must continue with his/her rent payments to the end of the tenancy agreement. The fee for this tenancy transfer is £100.00.

Back to Index

Will the house be clean when I move in?

Yes the house will be clean when you move in. All our properties are professionally cleaned before your tenancy begins. The house should be left clean and tidy when you move out.

Back to Index

Will my room be furnished?

Yes. Each bedroom is fitted with a carpet, 3ft or 4ft bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, desk, chair, pinboard and blinds. Some rooms have either a bookcase or some wall shelves and a privacy lock on the door.

We put picture hooks up in each room also as blu tac damages the paint surface. If you need anymore putting up just give us a call.

Back to Index

Am I allowed to paint my room?

All re-painting will be carried out by our own painters and decorators.

Back to Index

What do I do if there is a problem in the house?

If you have a problem in the house please contact us immediately and we will send one of our representatives to the property.

Problems rectified quickly prevent further issues arising.

Back to Index

What happens if we invite friends round to the property and damage is caused?

All tenants are jointly responsible for any damage to the property unless the blame can be apportioned to a particular tenant. Tenants and their guarantors are liable to pay for any damage caused to the property by the tenants or any visitors they invite to the property.

Back to Index

What happens if I damage the property in any way?

It is the responsibility of the tenants  to pay for any damage caused. Fair wear and tear is accepted.

Back to Index

Can I use blutac, whitetac or sello tape on the walls?

We  provide each bedroom with a pin board and picture hooks for you to display your pictures and photographs. Using blu tac etc damages the paintwork so we prefer it not to be used.

Back to Index

Am I allowed to have pets or reptiles in the house?

As per your tenancy agreement, pets are not permitted in the property.

Back to Index

Do I need a TV Licence?

A TV licence is provided for the communal lounge. This is paid for in your all inclusive package.

Back to Index

Do I need to provide my own crockery and kitchen equipment?

We provide all the white goods that are required but it is the tenants  responsibilty to provide their own kitchen equipment. Any electrical equipment bought into the property should be PAT tested.

We provide washing up bowl, sink drainer, waste bins, mop and bucket, dustpan and brush, ironing board and vacuum cleaner.

Back to Index

Am I allowed to have friends to sleep over?

Each house is registered and licensed by Cheshire West and Chester Council for a maximum occupancy. For safety reasons we need to know who is in the property.

Back to Index

Are the properties covered by safety certificates?

Yes, all our properties are checked on a regular basis. Annual checks include gas safety check, Pat testing, fire extinguisher and fire detection system. A periodic electrical check takes place every 5 years.

Back to Index

Are we allowed to use candles?

 We are very safety conscious and as candles cause the majority of house fires and we prefer they are not used.

Back to Index

What form of heating does the house have?

All our houses have gas combination central heating boilers. These are checked annually.

Back to Index


Call Now Button